Well, the February edition of the Setting the Path e-magazine is out, and this is the Saint Valentine special – where we explore ways to measure improvements in your own life by what you can do for others – for those who haven’t subscribed, here’s a sneak peak of what’s inside.
It’s the gesture that counts
Who doesn’t like being given something? That cup of coffee from a workmate, those couple of extra coins from a stranger behind you in a queue when you’ve come up short. Sometimes those little things can leave a lasting impression that can linger on to become the good things you do. It’s called kindness. And believe it or not, someone out there has measured the positive effects it can have on you. He’s Dr David Hamilton, author of “Why Kindness is Good for You”. In his research he has found five positive side effects from acts of kindness that can even save lives.
1. Kindness makes you happier – doing something for someone else can give a profound sense of being ‘a good person’, and on a biochemical level, that ‘good feeling’ is from elevated levels of dopamine – an actual physical reaction to doing something nice.
2. Kindness gives us healthier hearts – the emotional warmth generated by an act of kindness releases the hormone oxytocin – which through a chain of chemical reactions reduces blood pressure and stress on the heart.
3. Kindness slows ageing – once again connected to the release of oxytocin, the hormone reduces the free radicals in the blood stream which cause ageing as well as acting on the vagus nerve which controls inflammation in the body.
4. Kindness makes for better relationships – it does this by reducing the emotional distance between two people and strengthens their bonding. Historically, strong emotional ties were necessary to survive in the caveman world, so we’ve become genetically wired to be kind, just to stay alive – which helps explain the physical benefits we’ve already covered.
5. Kindness is contagious – we are easily inspired to be kind, something nice for us becomes a good turn for someone else, the old ‘paying it forward’ principle. A case documented by the New England Journal of Medicine involved an anonymous 28-year old walking into a transplant clinic and donating a kidney. So many relatives and friends were touched by this altruistic gesture, that ten more people received donated kidneys as a result.
So the next time you see someone who deserves a little bit of kindness, particularly in light of Queensland’s latest floods, you can jump in and help, it’s good for you and them.
Don’t forget to check out our website for those monthly specials at https://www.settershealthcentre.com.au/special-offer
Want to know more? Subscribe to our monthly e-magazine ‘Setting the Path’ for all the latest in preventative measures, Pain Relief in Townsville, Bowen Therapy bits, Old School remedies and so much more. Join our mailing list now.
Are you in need of immediate pain relief?
To contact us immediately about a Bowen Therapy session tailored specifically for you.
Bowen Therapy In Townsville Has Been Successfully Practiced For 28 yrs At Setter’s Health Centre – Contact Us For Effective Relief Of Pain & Injury Today On Phone 47288800. What is Bowen Therapy? The Gentle Healing Technique Bowen Therapeutic Technique (Bowen Therapy) is a dynamic system of...Read More
What Is Your Temporomandibular Joint? The Temporomandibular Joint or TMJ is the most used joint in the whole body. Your Temporomandibular joint or known as TMJ is like a hinge that attaches the jaw to the skull. It is important in eating, talking, breathing, and facial expressions... When a problem...Read More
Many of my clients are unable to lie either face down (prone) or face up (supine). So this post with me working on Mrs King in a sitting position shows how I adapt my Bowen Therapy Pain Relief Treatment plan to the clients circumstances. Here is a link to Julian Baker U.K. demonstrating Bowen The...Read More
For Fast Effective Relief From Pain In Townsville Call Setter's Health Centre Today!! Try our gentle healing technique at Setter’s Health Centre. We employ the Bowen Therapeutic Technique – Bowen Therapy, which is a dynamic system of muscle and connective tissue therapy that encourages the body...Read More
Our aim at Setter’s H.C. Bowen Therapy Townsville is to focus on your goals for pain and symptom relief, how these fit into your life, and how to help you and your body to achieve realistic outcomes. Today’s lifestyles demand more and more from our bodies without always giving anything in retur...Read More
What is Bowen Therapy? The Gentle Healing Technique Bowen Therapeutic Technique (Bowen Therapy) is a dynamic system of muscle and connective tissue therapy that encourages the body to right itself. This technique involves a gentle roll over the muscle. By using a set system of these small moves fro...Read More
In pain from a sports injury in Townsville? Are you looking for a faster return to your sport? With No Referral Needed! Then Call Setter's Today With 27 Years of experience in Sports Injury Recovery & Management. And with the clear aim of helping you remain injury free into the future... Book a...Read More
Sports Pain And Injury Relief With Bowen Therapy – is completely safe, gentle, fast and an effective way to treat sporting injuries for any age group! Getting over a sporting injury, Setter’s Health Centre can help... As Benjamin Setter is the most senior Bowen Therapy Practitioner in Townsvi...Read More
https://www.facebook.com/settersbowentherapytownsville/videos/801406583570948/ While most people assume ankle injuries happen playing sport, age, twisting the wrong way or falling in holes – the truth is even sitting at a computer with bad ergonomics can be just as bad for the connective tissue...Read More
Ask a question or book an appointment07 4728 8800
6 Fulham Road, PimlicoView Map
Bowen Therapy and Massage Therapy Specialists